With the 2014 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival wrapping up, food and drink lovers can now turn their attention to the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
Debuting this year on the World Showcase promenade will be Patagonia Marketplace, which combines the flavors of Argentina and Chile featuring a salmon dish with a kick. Florida Local Marketplace will be replaced with the new Farm Fresh Marketplace, featuring a new “Bacon and Eggs” dish with applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise and pickled jalapeños. Finally, the Brazil Marketplace will feature Mocequa de Pescado, a fresh tilapia dish featuring coconut lime sauce and steamed rice.
Along with the new marketplaces, expect to see your favorites return when the festival begins on September 19 2014. This year’s event is the longest in its 19 year history, running a total of 53 days, through to November 10 2014.
Also new this year will be Back to Basics series at the Festival Welcome Center. The complimentary weekend series will feature guest presenters with epicurean tips and tricks from the pros. Culinary demonstrations and mixology and wine seminars will continue to offer new tastes and sips for a nominal fee.
Other festival highlights include:
- More than 270 chefs including Disney chefs and culinary stars from across the country.
- Party for the Senses grand tasting events Saturday evenings showcasing tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.
- Premium events including the back-by-demand “Parisian Breakfast” on Saturdays; new “Sunday Mornings with…” plated brunch starring an acclaimed pastry chef or baker crafting three favorite desserts for sampling; and new “Boot Camp Series” interactive experience with epicurean challenges to hone your “inner chef.”
- Opening night through Sept. 21, new festival act Jo Dee Messina will rock the house at America Gardens Theatre as part of Eat to the Beat. Other new beats on tap include Rick Springfield (Sept. 24-25); Fuel (Oct. 9-10); Jim Brickman (Oct. 23-24); Los Lonely Boys (Oct. 25-26); and David Cook (Nov. 6-7). The Pointer Sisters (Sept. 22-23), Christopher Cross (Sept. 26-27) and other fan favorites will return to play the festival stage. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (Nov. 8-10) will close the event.
- Renowned chefs such as Warren Brown, Rock Harper, Jennifer Hill Booker, Erika Davis, Paula DaSilva, Gale Gand, Dana Herbert, Jamie Deen, Jerome Brown, Dean Max, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, Allen Susser, Duskie Estes and John Stewart will share their talents during culinary demos and premium events.