Disneyland Paris is closed to the public in a highly unusual move because of a string of attacks targeting a stadium, concert hall and cafes in Paris.
Today Disneyland Paris said that its two theme parks near the French capital will remain closed through and including Tuesday after the attacks on Friday night that killed 129 people based on latest estimates.
On Saturday, the company had said it wouldn’t open for the day. On Sunday, its web site featured a quote from Euro Disney president Tom Wolber, saying: “We mourn those lost to the horrific attacks in Paris. We pray for the injured and we hold them all in our hearts. As part of France’s three-day national mourning period, Disneyland Paris will remain closed through Tuesday 17 November 2015.”
Some 14 million people visited Disneyland Paris last year.
France has deployed 1,500 extra troops around Paris and is tightening its borders because of Friday’s attacks.
Many of Paris’s top tourist attractions closed Saturday, including the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum and the Disneyland theme park east of the capital. Some 3,000 troops were deployed to help restore order and reassure a frightened populace.