Counting down to “25 Days of Christmas,” “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” will premiere on Thursday, Nov. 30. Also, as part of “25 Days of Christmas,” “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration” will air on Christmas morning, Monday, Dec. 25.
The holiday specials will include performances by some of the world’s most popular recording artists, Disney character appearances, heartwarming wish-come-true moments and an unforgettable castle lighting extravaganza showcasing the incredible Disney castles around the world. Hough, who returns as host, will be joined by Lachey on the steps of Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World to perform a spectacular opening number you won’t want to miss, on “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration.”
“The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration
Thursday, Nov. 30 (9–11 PM EST)
Join Emmy Award winner Julianne Hough and multiplatinum recording artist and television personality, Nick Lachey, as they host the magical two-hour event from the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. They join co-host, Jesse Palmer, to kick off the holiday season in a way only Disney can, showcasing incredible music performances, special appearances and some unforgettable Disney magic moments including an extraordinary castle lighting spectacular from Disney Parks around the world – traveling the globe from Lake Buena Vista, Florida, and Anaheim, California, to Paris, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Musical performances include:
- Ciara performs a joyful Christmas medley from Cinderella Castle.
- Grammy Award-winning country artist Darius Rucker sings “Winter Wonderland.”
- Multiplatinum-selling group Fifth Harmony sings “Can You See,” from “The Star” soundtrack, plus “The Christmas Song.”
- Fitz and the Tantrums performs their platinum-certified hit, “HandClap,” in addition to their original Christmas song, “Santa Stole My Lady.”
- Multi-Grammy-nominated trio, Hanson, will light up the night singing “Finally It’s Christmas,” from their recently released Christmas album.
- In Real Life, the only boy band in history voted together by America, will sing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.”
- Multiplatinum powerhouse Jason Derulo performs “This Christmas.”
- Emmy-nominated actress and singer Lea Michele joins the festivities with “Baby It’s Cold Outside.”
Additional performances will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration”
Monday, Dec. 25 (10 AM– noon EST, 9-11 AM CST/MST/PST airtimes vary)
This Christmas, Disney Parks celebrates the joy of the holiday season, as hosts Julianne Houghand Nick Lachey take viewers on a magical ride down Main Street, U.S.A. and beyond. Co-hosted by Jesse Palmer, the Christmas Day celebration will be brighter than ever before, bringing together the beloved Christmas Day parade, magical musical performances, surprise celebrity guests and heartwarming family stories to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.
Musical performances include:
- Ciara sings “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” from Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Darius Rucker decks the halls with a holiday song from his Christmas album, “Home for The Holidays.”
- Fifth Harmony takes us on a magical “Sleigh Ride.”
- Fitz and the Tantrums perform the popular Christmas hit “Last Christmas.”
- Jason Derulo sings “Silent Night” from Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort.
- Lea Michele sings the holiday favorite “Let It Snow.”
- 98° heats things up with their new song, “Season of Love,” from “Let It Snow,” their first full-length Christmas album in 18 years.
- Broadway’s Telly Leung and Arielle Jacobs, of the stage hit “Aladdin,” soar down to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a romantic performance of the Oscar-winning classic “A Whole New World.”