Walt Disney World has updated it’s website with updated temporary rules for its merchandise locations and its PhotoPass service.
Below are the new temporary rules. The big take-aways for merchandise locations appear to be that new product launches will not be available in the parks, pin trading with Cast Members will be via pin boards and there will be package delivery to the front of the parks or to Disney Resort hotels .
As for Disney’s PhotoPass service, the biggest thing to note is that the photographers will not be able to take any pictures with cameras that belong to guests. This is new on the website, but I recall it being mentioned before.
In select merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Guests will continue to discover favorite Disney items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes in the US will continue to be available. Certain restrictions apply.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns of merchandise will be permitted upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
Disney PhotoPass Service:
To promote cleanliness, physical distancing and reduced contact, you will notice some temporary adjustments to Disney PhotoPass Service to provide an enjoyable environment for everyone:
- Handling Guest’s Personal Devices: Disney PhotoPass photographers will not handle Guests’ personal devices such as cellphones and cameras.
- Photo Prop Usage: Where photo props are in use, they will be thoroughly cleaned between Guests. For select props, your photographer may request that you stand next to or behind the prop without making contact with it. In these scenarios, your photographer will endeavor to capture your photos with the best angles and perspective in mind.
- Photo Linking: Before the photographer takes your photo, please have your MagicBand or Card ready for the photographer to scan so they can quickly link your photos to your account. Photographers will keep as much distance as possible during this process.