Walt Disney World has announced that when Disney’s Hollywood Studios re-opens on July 15th that they will be using the virtual queue system that was introduced when the attraction originally opened.
In the Disney Parks Blog, Disney stated –
We wanted to share an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
Walt Disney World also stated in the announcement that instead of it being what many called a lottery at park opening, there will be instead three distribution times (10 AM, 1 PM and 4 PM).
Because of this, there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue, according to Disney.
In the announcement Walt Disney World offered these guidelines:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.