Walt Disney World announced that it will be delaying the re-opening of some of its Walt Disney World resort hotels and cancelling others.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will now re-open on October 4 instead of the previously announced August 12.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will now re-open on November 1 instead of the previously announced August 12.
Disney’s Beach Club and BoardWalk Inn will now remain closed until further notice.
The revised re-opening schedule looks like this:
- July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- August 24 – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- September 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- October 4 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- October 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- November 1 – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
The following resort hotels do not have free-opening dates:
- Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
At this time Disney has not specifically stated why the re-opening schedule has been changed, though it’s like due to a lack of demand.