The dining location list for EPCOT’s re-opening on July 15th has been updated to include a modified character experience at the Garden Grill.
The restaurant usually features table side appearances by Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale. While we are sure that table side appearances will not happen, it isn’t clear what the modified experience will be. It seems that a walk-through would seem the most likely scenario.
Walt Disney World has updated the information available about its plans to re-open its restaurants.
According to Disney –
- Face coverings will be required for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas—including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed while eating or drinking.
- In-park dining reservations are not available but will resume at a later date
- When in-park dining initially becomes available, you’ll need valid park admission, a reservation for park entry and a dining reservation to dine at an in-park, table-service restaurant. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park.
- At this time, Disney dining plans cannot be added to reservations.
- Menus will be shared in ways to minimize contact. At quick-service restaurants, menus will be displayed on signage. And at table-service restaurants, you can scan a code with your mobile device to access the digital menu.
- Character Dining will not be offered during the initial reopening, with the exception of a modified Character Dining experience at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera.
- Dinner shows will not be offered during the initial reopening.
- Dining locations will be limited in capacity. Some locations will remain temporarily closed.
- Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.
Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk will soon be home to a new “Royal Couples” character breakfast.
This all-new character breakfast will have appearances by adventurous royal couples from beloved Disney films! A delicious breakfast awaits you at Trattoria al Forno, as you get ready to set out for a day of endless magic at Walt Disney World Resort. It’s a hearty “bon voyage” celebration, featuring popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid.” During your visit, be sure to share the tales of your own hopes and dreams, the adventures you’ve had… and those still to come with our favorite princess or prince!
This unique, new character breakfast is slated to begin in late spring. Pricing and menu details are still to be announced.
Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will begin offering character dinners beginning in March of next year.
Beginning March 8th, 2015, a character dinner will be offered in addition to the character breakfast and lunch. This will make the restaurant character dining only.
Reservations can be made beginning, December 12th for arrivals starting March 8th.
Donald’s Safari Dinner will continue to be a buffet, including meet and greets with Donald and Daisy Duck. Dinner will begin at 4pm.
Tusker House has undergone a number of changes since its opening with the park, where it was originally a quick service restaurant. It later changed to a table service restaurant, with gradual inclusion of character dining, first at breakfast, then later adding lunch.
A new table service restaurant will open on Discovery Island in 2015, which along with Yak and Yeti and Rainforest Cafe, will provide three non-character dining experiences.