According to an email sent to all Toy Box builders today, Disney Infinity’s servers will be shutdown on March 3, 2017.
Since announcing the discontinuation of production on Disney Infinity, the team has been exploring timelines for the closure of the game’s online versions and community features. The goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what players can expect. It’s important to note that:
- The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer
- Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and players will be able to upload and download any of their favorite Toy Box creations
The email outlines the plans for the three different iterations of Disney Infinity across all platforms, including when certain online functionality will cease for each.
Here’s a full rundown of what’s happening with Disney Infinity, straight from Disney Interactive, over the next eight months.
July 29, 2016
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
Sept. 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
Jan. 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
More details on the closure of Disney Infinity’s online services is available at the company’s support website.