While we wait for Beauty and the Beast to enchant us once again when the live-action musical debuts in theaters March 17, D23 Gold Members can pore over the pages of the newest issue of Disney twenty-three, where stars Emma Watson (Belle), Josh Gad (LeFou), and director Bill Condon share secrets from the set of the highly anticipated film. From unique challenges to unforgettable moments, the cast and crew share just how much magic (and hard work!) it takes to transform one of the most beloved animated films of all time into a stunning live-action feature.
Plus, Disney Legend Kurt Russell and fan-favorite Chris Pratt give readers a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde takes us inside a breakout… Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: BREAKOUT! to be exact, a brand-new attraction coming to Disney California Adventure summer 2017.
Tangled fans will have the best day ever when they receive the newest issue of Disney twenty-three––Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi talk about Tangled: The Series and all the fun they had stepping back into the studio to voice adored characters Rapunzel and Flynn Rider (now known as Eugene Fitzherbert, of course). From upcoming shows to beloved classics, this issue of Disney twenty-three reunites the Mouseketeers from The New Mickey Mouse Club, who come together 40 years later to look back on the ‘70s-era show.
If ye be seeking adventure, look no further—the spring issue of Disney twenty-three is celebrating all things pirates with a look at five decades of the iconic attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a sneak peek with producer Jerry Bruckheimer at Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, coming to theatres this May.
Also included in the spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- A celebration of the Main Street Electrical Parade’s 45th anniversary, as it returns to its original home at Disneyland Park
- The wonder and beauty of Disneynature’s newest film, Born in China
- A peek at what’s to come during the 25th anniversary of Disneyland Paris
- Eleven cool experiences you may not have known about at Walt Disney World Resort
- A look inside the newly renovated Walt Disney Animation Studios headquarters
- Regular features including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave
New year, new member gift! Disney twenty-three readers will explore the 2017 D23 Gold Member Gift, “Walt Disney’s Nine Old Men,” a collection of 23 meticulously reproduced items that represent the work and legacy of the nine animators who created some of Disney’s most enduring characters.
To celebrate 23 issues of its collectible publication, Disney twenty-three, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club circles the planet to experience Disney’s worlds from Europe, South America, and Asia to the fantastical fictional realms of San Fransokyo and Once Upon a Time‘s Enchanted Forest. The cover of the issue features a spectacular photo mosaic with a classic image of Walt and Roy O. Disney with Margie Gay of the Alice Comedies shorts series, courtesy of images of D23 Members from around the globe.
Disney twenty-three‘s Fall issue, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23, starts the journey with a visit to France for an in-depth look at how the creative team at Walt Disney Imagineering brought the spectacular world of Ratatouille to life at Disneyland Paris for Ratatouille: The Adventure. Then it’s off to Japan where Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives is touring the country with a dazzling exhibit featuring more than 70 props, costumes, images, and artifacts. In “It’s A Disney World After All,” D23 goes on a non-stop tour from Latin America to the Middle East to look at Disney’s indelible mark on the rich cultures of many nations. And, in true Disney fashion, we visit the stunning and sleek fictional city of San Fransokyo for a look at spectacular concept art that inspired the upcoming Walt Disney Feature Animation release Big Hero 6.
Also included in the Fall issue of Disney twenty-three:
- A rich look into Marvel’s remarkable 75-year history, including a season two preview of the ABC hit Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- A chilling glimpse at Once Upon a Time‘s upcoming Frozen-themed season with the series’ creators
- A dive into the Walt Disney Archives to view rarely seen concept art from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year
- A journey back in time to celebrate 89 amazing Disney milestones from 1989
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, D Society, Ask Dave, and our final edition of PHOTOfiles
All D23 Members are invited to visit www.D23.com for additional members-only content, including an in-depth video interview with Stan Lee who sits down to talk about Marvel’s 75-year legacy.
Other features coming to D23.com include:
- A soaring look at Academy Award®-winning composer Michael Giacchino, who used his initial score as inspiration for the soundtrack to Ratatouille: The Adventure
- More scoop on what’s to come this season on Once Upon a Time
- An extended gallery of concept art from the development of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. The publication will begin arriving mid-August.