With ‘Villains Unleashed’ being less than one week away we’ve got more details about the timings and schedule for the event.
Please remember that the schedule information is preliminary, and subject to change, so be sure to check with a times guide at the park on the day for any last minute changes.
Villains Unleashed begins at 8pm on August 23rd, with event tickets allowing entry from 5pm. If you are already in the park, you can obtain event passes at the Epic Theater and Soundstage One.
- From 3pm, the secondary entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closed. After 3pm the only entry will be via the main entrance on World Drive.
- Hades Hangout – Sorcerer Hat Stage
8pm to 1am
- Event Start – Sorcerer Hat Stage
- Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show – Theater of the Stars
8:30pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm and 11:30pm
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party – Stage 5 Animation Courtyard
8pm to 12:45am
- Fantasmic! with special pre-show – 10pm show time, pre show starts at 9:35pm.
- Villainy in the Sky Fireworks – 12:45am
Character Meet and Greets
- Darth Maul – Star Tours area
- Boba Fett – Near Backlot Express
- Darth Vader – Star Tours event stage area
- Stormtroopers – Star Tours area
- Emperor Palpatine and Royal Guards – Outside SciFi Drive In
- Cruella de Vil – Streets of America
- Dr Facilier – Streets of America
- Jafar – Streets of America
- Bowler Hat Guy – Streets of America
- Constatine – Near MuppetVision
- Shan Yu – Streets of America
- The Queen – Streets of America
- Captain Gantu – Streets of America
- Dr Hamsterviel – Streets of America
- Barbossa (until 11:30pm) – Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
- Maleficient (until 11:30pm – Animation Courtyard
- The Witch – Sunset Blvd
From 8:30pm to 1am
- Captain Hook
- Mr Smee
- Queen of Hearts
- Big Bad Wolf
- Goevernor Ratcliffe
Streets of America
- Judge Claude Frollo
- Lady Tremaine
- Prince John
- Sherrif of Nottingham
- J Worthington Foulfellow
Star Tours area
- Zam Wesell
- Aurra Sing
- Tusken Raiders
- Asajj Ventress
- Jango Fett
- Gamorrean Guard
Epic Stunt Theater area
- Br’er Fox
- Br’er Bear
- The Great Movie Ride – Until 11:15pm
- Star Tours
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Tower of Terror
- Rock n RollerCoaster
- Toy Story Mania – Until 11:30pm
Food and Drink
- Club Evil – Hollywood Brown Derby
- Studio Prop Shop opposite Honey I shrunk the Audience Playground and throughout the park
Disney has released some more specific information about the entertainment line-up for the hard ticket event, ‘Villains Unleashed.’
Taking place on August 23 2014 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, tickets remain on sale at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events/villains-unleashed/purchase/. Pricing is $67 for adults, and $62 for children plus tax.
Here is the full rundown of ‘Villains Unleashed’ entertainment:
- Hades Hangout – The party kicks off at 8 p.m. at the main event stage, where hosts Hades, Megara, Pain and Panic are killing ‘em with comedy. They’re joined throughout the night by the Underworld Dancers, DJ Igg Nite, live music from Bernie Briquette and Brimstone, and a rogues gallery of roaming rottens, from the Queen of Hearts and Sheriff of Nottingham to the Big Bad Wolf and Captain Hook.
- Villains Dominion – For this one special night, the Streets of America area of the park will be swarming with baddies. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to meet favorites like Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Dr. Facilier and Gaston, along with more rarely seen baddies such as Shan Yu from “Mulan,” Bowler Hat Guy from “Meet the Robinsons,” or Captain Gantu and Dr. Hämsterviel from “Lilo & Stitch: The Series.” In addition to these dedicated villain encounters, you may spot even more wandering evildoers in the area. Look for Judge Claude Frollo, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, and more!
- The Dark Side – During “Villains Unleashed,” the area around Star Tours – The Adventures Continuebecomes a wretched hive of scum and villainy, the place to find nefarious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Sith apprentice Darth Maul, and the ultimate villain – Darth Vader! Andthat’s not all! Wandering the area, you’ll stumble upon more malcontents from that galaxy far, far away: Zam Wessel, Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, Jango Fett, Greedo, Jawas, and others.
- Villainous Encounters – Visit Stage 4 (where The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction is seen during the day), and you can “Parlay” with the one and only Hector Barbossa. And just around the corner in the Animation Courtyard is where you’ll discover a bit of the Moors, where you can have an audience with the mistress of all evil, Maleficent!
- Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show – Over on Sunset Boulevard, Theater of the Stars presents a production of extreme performances, hosted by the original master of scare-monies, Oogie Boogie. It’s an all-new show that’s sure to thrill!
- Fantasmic! – Strolling up Sunset Boulevard, a gang of villainous henchmen, known as the Night Crawlers, tempt you to join them for a special pre-show to the evening’s performance of Fantasmic!, itself a celebration of the power and intrigue of some of the greatest Disney villains.
- “Villainy in the Sky” Fireworks – Ultimately, Hades summons Maleficent to the main event stage to close things out with a devilishly dazzling display of pyrotechnics!
And there’s more! You can get a Villains ExScream Makeover with complimentary face painting at stations around Echo Lake, join in on one of the dance parties taking place in the park, and enjoy a wicked cabaret atmosphere – not to mention some delectable, small-plate menu items – at Club Evil in the Hollywood Brown Derby.