Springtime is just around the corner, which means the return of the beloved Egg-stravaganza to Disneyland Resort. This fun, egg-themed scavenger hunt will take place from April 1-16, 2017, at Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park, and Downtown Disney District. I recently “hopped” over to special event merchandiser Linda Votaw to discover what makes this activity popular with guests.
“This is the fifth year we’ve offered the Egg-stravaganza at the Disneyland Resort,” explained Linda. “I believe our guests love it as spring is a wonderful season to visit. This activity is easy to do, and it’s something the whole family can enjoy. Even if you have been to Disneyland Resort many times, this scavenger hunt gives guests an opportunity to explore the theme parks and Downtown Disney District in a new way.”
To participate, pick up a map and stickers for $5.99 (plus tax) at select merchandise locations throughout Disneyland Resort. Search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney and Pixar characters. Record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the themed Egg-stravaganza map to represent that location.
Whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your map to a redemption location for a surprise. Redemption locations include the following merchandise shops: Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park; Disney Showcase in Disneyland park; World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District.
For guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, don’t forget the Egg-stravaganza is currently taking place at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival through May 29, 2017.
Purchasing limits will apply, while supplies last. Please note that no discounts apply and separate admission is required to enter Disney theme parks. The experience is subject to restrictions and may change without notice.
Egg-citing news, Disney fans! Those of you who have enjoyed the Egg-stravaganza each spring at Disney Parks will be glad to know that it will be returning to the Disneyland Resort, at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, as well as the Downtown Disney District. This egg-ceptional event will, of course, also take place in Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort!
Here’s what you can egg-spect!
From March 2–27, 2016 (or while supplies last), search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters and record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the specially themed Egg-stravaganza map to represent that location. Maps and stickers can be purchased for $5.95, plus tax at the following parks and locations. Remember, no discounts apply.
- Disney California Adventure park – Elias & Co., Humphrey’s Service & Supplies, Off the Page, Oswald’s, Sarge’s Surplus Hut and Treasures in Paradise
- Disneyland park – Disneyana, Disney Showcase, “it’s a small world” Toy Shop, Little Green Men Store Command, Pieces of Eight, Pioneer Mercantile and Stromboli’s.
- Downtown Disney District – Anna & Elsa’s Boutique, D Street, Disney Pin Traders, WonderGround Gallery and World of Disney Store
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Acorns Gifts & Goods, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; Mickey in Paradise, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel; and Fantasia Shop, Disneyland Hotel
Walt Disney World Resort
- Epcot – Pin Central, Port of Entry (Showcase Plaza), Heritage Manor (The American Adventure) and World Traveler (International Gateway)
How to redeem!
Whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your map to a redemption location: Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park; Disney Showcase in Disneyland park; World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort; or Port of Entry in Epcot before April 2 to pick up your surprise.