Walt Disney World will be discontinuing it’s Express Transportation service later this month, with the final day of service set for August 23rd.
The final day to purchase the Express Transportation option will be August 16th, with the multi-day version remaining usable through the final day of service of August 23rd.
Introduced in December 2016, the Express Transportation cost $15 per person for a single day, and picked guests up directly inside the parks, then by making use of backstage areas, reached the destination faster than using the regular bus service.
Multi-day variants were later added, along with Annual Passholder offerings.
It appears that the service was not being used by enough guests, with the majority continuing to make use of the standard park transfer options.
The all-new Express Transportation Summer Pass is now exclusively available for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders for $59. The pass will offer the Express Transportation service between theme parks through August 10th.
The Summer Pass will give a significant discount over regular pricing of $19 for a single day ticket, or $29 for a 7 day multi-day ticket.
Applicable annual passes must be valid for admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks on all applicable dates between June 5th and August 10th. The Summer Pass is non-transferable.
Express Transportation service:
- departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- is available each day from 10:00 AM until park closing.
- travels directly between each of the theme parks—with no other stops along the way.
- lets you off inside the main gate, so you’re in the middle of fun from the moment you arrive!
- gives you unlimited transfers between all 4 theme parks—for as long as your Express Transportation ticket is valid.
- Magic Kingdom park: near the exit of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Epcot: the east side of Spaceship Earth
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: the courtyard in front of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom park: near the entrance to Dawa Bar
Where to Buy Express Transportation Tickets
- All 4 theme park ticket windows and Guest Relations
- Disney Springs ticket window
- Disney Resort hotel concierge locations
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel ticket desks
- Kiosks at Express Transportation check-in locations
Express Bus Transportation will be coming to Walt Disney World in a few days, enabling quicker transfers between its theme parks, for a price.
The option will cost $15 per person for a single day. Express Bus Transportation will pick guests up directly inside the parks, then by making use of backstage areas, will reach the destination faster than using the regular bus service.
Guests will be able to add the service when purchasing Park Hopper tickets, or upgrading at a later date via guest relations. In addition to the $15 per day option, there is also the ability to add multi-day service for $24 per person.
Express Transportation will begin on December 7th, and will operate from 10 AM to park close, departing every 30 minutes.