For all you Star Wars fans out there, Disney recently announced that the one-night special event Star Wars: Galactic Nights will be returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27th.
For those that are unfamiliar with the event, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is an exciting Star Wars-themed event held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios after park hours, 7 PM to Midnight. The event celebrates all that is Star Wars with themed entertainment, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise along with food and beverage, and of course encounters with rarely seen characters that guests can only experience during this special hard ticketed event.
Specific examples of what guests can experience during Star Wars: Galactic Nights include –
- Star Wars: Galactic Destinations Projections Transform The Hollywood Tower Hotel– Visible on the Sunset Boulevard area of the park the facade of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will transform via stunning projection technology to showcase familiar locations from across the galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting, and of course the stellar Star Warscinematic score supports each galactic location moment all night long. Star Wars Galactic Destinations is currently an event exclusive.
- Existing Star Wars Entertainment Will Debut New Enhancements – The park’s existing Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both debut new saga elements for the first time during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- Special Photo Ops – Throughout the park, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations. These special photo ops will only be available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars: Galactic Nights
- Character Encounters – Expect to encounter Star Wars characters from throughout the galaxy. Guests will also be able to view an Imperial Stormtrooper March with Darth Vader.
- Exclusive Food & Beverage offerings – Taste your way around the galaxy with specialty food and beverage offerings created for Galactic Nights. Inspired by the stories and iconic characters of Star Wars, these tasting-sized sips and bites bring a delectable addition to this event.
- Enjoy park attractions – Select attractions will be open to all guests – and some may even offer a special Star Wars twist on May 27 only.
Did anyone else notice that this last point is very close to the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story? I wonder what guests will get to experience?
This event is something that I’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t had the chance to. It sounds like a lot of fun.
What I really like about this event is that it seems to have something for any Star Wars fan, from the guest just discovering Star Wars, the casual fan and including the die-hard Star Wars nerd…it has everything.
I consider myself a Star Wars fan, though not an uber-fan. I love the movies and the attractions and experiences in the parks that are tied to Star Wars. If I could attend I’d love to experience the character encounters, but the things that excite me the most are the entertainment and the food…which is like an attraction…right?
Are you going to this event? What excites you the most?
Star Wars fans across the galaxy, get ready for a special celebration you won’t want to miss. Star Wars: Galactic Nights will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16 – and it will be the perfect way for Star Wars fans to celebrate the opening of the new film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
Last Jedi Official Trailer
The film, which opens in theaters December 15, just shared a thrilling new trailer last night. Check it out above.
In case you aren’t familiar, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is an out-of-this-world event that celebrates the entire Star Wars saga.
Among many thrills in store, guests will be treated Hollywood-style to a red carpet arrival, iconic attractions with little to no wait time, amazing fireworks and projections, and experts sharing details about the Star Wars expansion coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Throughout the event (entertainment subject to change):
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- The Epic Theater plays host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, sharing some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including two new backdrops inspired by Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre. At Star Wars Launch Bay, home base for Star Wars fandom in the park, you never know what denizens from the light or dark side of The Force will appear.
- Don’t miss Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
- Come dressed in your finest Star Wars attire. Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9 (discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members). Purchase tickets at DisneyWorld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639).
Star Wars: Galactic Nights will be returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios later this year on December 16 and this time it will be offering premium add-ons.
This will be the second installment of the event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and will include much of the offerings from the original held back in April of 2017.
Along with character encounters, entertainment includes enhanced versions of ‘Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular’ and ‘Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away.’
New this year there will be a sneak peek at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Epic Theater will play host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the 14-acre Star Wars expansion that’s set to open in 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
There will also be an opportunity to add premium add-ons to the night, including a Galactic Tasting Sampler for $30 and Jedi Recruitment package for $149.95.
The Galactic Tasting Sampler gives Guests a credential with 5 pull-off tabs to exchange for Star Wars-inspired treats including: Lightsaber churros, Root Leaf Stew, Character cupcakes—like Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, Charcuterie plates featuring C3PO crackers and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
The Jedi Recruitment package includes a reserved spot in the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, a Jedi robe, a lightsaber, name badge, a limited-edition Star Wars t-shirt and a photo with Jedi Master.
Both add-ons can be booked via 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529)
Tickets are on sale now and priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9, with discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members.
Vanessa Marshall, the voice of Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels, will serve as host of “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” and take you behind the scenes of the latest installment to the Star Wars franchise, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. This event-exclusive offering will take place multiple times throughout the event in the Epic Theater. You also won’t want to miss the Inside the Saga pre-show, featuring Star Wars Show hosts, Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni.
Guests of all ages can explore Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt, searching for unique Star Wars photo backdrops. Guests will step into immersive and iconic scenes from the films, including a newly created backdrop from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and receive a themed piece representing each of the eight Star Wars films. These pieces will come together to form a one of a kind event keepsake.
And as previously announced, the event will mark the debut appearance of BB-8 at Star Wars Launch Bay.
Park access and activities will be limited to Star Wars: Galactic Nights event ticket holders only. Here’s a look at other event offerings:
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
- Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Don your Star Wars finest (see costume guidelines here) and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including the debut appearance of BB-8, Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Warscelebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
- Show Your Star Wars Spirit – Come dressed as your favorite character and celebrate 40 years of Star Wars milestones.
Other popular attractions will be open, including Star Wars Launch Bay. Additional offerings will include the chance to experience Star Tours-The Adventures Continue attraction, AWR Trooper sightings, roaming droids, Star Wars-themed F&B, special merchandise and much more.
The event will be held at the park from 7 p.m.-midnight. The Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket costs $129 plus tax for adults and $124 plus tax for children ages 9 and under. Tickets to the Star Wars: Galactic Nights event is separate from admission to Star Wars Celebration at the Orange County Convention Center, April 13-16, 2017. Click here for info on that event. Disney Vacation Club and Passholder discount available. Tickets are extremely limited, so click here or call 407-827-7036 for more information or to book now.
Entertainment is subject to change without notice.