At Disney Springs, it’s not hard to find an array of merchandise with a hint of Disney-inspired magic. Cool branded T-shirts at UNIQLO. Gorgeous baubles with castles and characters at PANDORA. Fantasy-filled footwear at havaianas. Basically every item at World of Disney. The list goes on … and next week, it grows even longer when limited-edition Ray-Ban sunglasses featuring Mickey Mouse arrive at select locations throughout Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, including Disney Springs.
For this release, the classic Ray-Ban Wayfarer design has been updated with a classic Mickey Mouse print on the outside of the temples and a “limited edition” engraving on the inside. These are truly the perfect gift for the fashionable Disney fan (or Ray-Ban lover!) on your holiday shopping list.
As Sunglass Hut is the official sunglass retailer of Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts, the new product will be available at the following locations, while supplies last, starting on December 8, 2016:
Walt Disney World Resort:
- Disney Springs – Sunglass Icon; West Side
- Disney Springs – APEX by Sunglass Hut; The Landing
- Magic Kingdom Park – Island Supply; Adventureland
- Downtown Disney District – Sunglass Icon and kiosk
- Disney California Adventure park – Sunglass Icon kiosk
Ready to purchase? The retail price is $190 plus tax with a purchase limit of two pairs per guest. Though no discounts are offered on this item due to limited availability, anyone who scores a pair will likely be the envy of many. (I got my first pair of Ray-Bans three years ago, and even without the cool Mickey design, I’m still getting compliments!)
The first phase of store openings will begin to take place over the next few weeks at The Landing district of Disney Springs.
This area of Disney Springs is on the land that used to house the former Pleasure Island, occupying the space between Portobello and the West Side. These stores are in addition to the restaurants that were already announced for The Landing, Morimoto Asia and The BOATHOUSE. More restaurants and stores are should be announced soon for the area, which will round out The Landing district.
Here is a list of what you will find in the first phase of openings.
- APEX by Sunglass Hut – Range of high end sunglasses with a focus on sports from the Luxotica group, including Ray-Ban ,Oakley, Maui Jim and more. Company website.
- Havaianas – Designer flip-flops, including a station where Guests can create their own flip-flops. Company website.
- Art of Shaving – A high end shaving and grooming supply store. Company website.
- Sanuk – Creatively inspired shoes. Company website.
- Chapel Hats – Hats and headwear. Company website.
- Sound Lion – Headphones, ear buds, speakers, wireless music players and other digital sound and music products. Company website.
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC – A gluten-free vegan bakery from the creator of BabyCakes NYC. Company website.
Island Supply in the Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland will open as a Sunglass Hut early next year.
Opening on January 8th, the Island Supply Sunglass Hut will sell a range of high-end sunglasses such as Ray Ban and Oakley. Sunglass Hut operates stores throughout the country, and a flagship store at Downtown Disney West Side.
Island Supply closed on October 22nd this year where it had previously sold a range of clothing and accessories.