At approximately 3:30 PM EDT today, the official website of Walt Disney World updated their park operating hours and revealed that they would be re-opening the parks on Tuesday, September 12th. However, not all of the parks are going to open back up on Tuesday. This is due to some cast members who evacuated due to the storm and Disney being a little short-staffed.
Both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach will remain closed at least until Wednesday before reopening.
At this time the hours of operation for Walt Disney World tomorrow will be:
- Magic Kingdom: 9 AM – 7 PM with Extra Magic Hours of 8 AM – 9 AM; Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place from 7 PM – Midnight
- Epcot: 9 AM – 9 PM with Extra Magic Hours of 9 PM – 11 PM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9 AM – 9 PM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9 AM – 9 PM
- Typhoon Lagoon: Closed
- Blizzard Beach: Closed
- Disney Springs: 10 AM – Midnight
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is now offering a new tour which gives easy (and pricey) access to some of Animal Kingdom’s most popular attractions and shows.
Experiences included with the tour are –
- Expedition Everest
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Na’vi River Journey
- Rivers of Light
- Satu’li Canteen sampler, beverage (adult or non-alcoholic available) and popcorn
The four hour tour is being offered on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, and costs $265.19 including tax per person. There is a 15% discount available for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa cardholders. Theme park admission is required and not included.
Reservations are open now and can be booked now for tours beginning October 1 2017 via 407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529).
Mobile Order continues to expand with the addition of Harambe Market to the mobile ordering system.
Mobile Order allows guests to pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, bypassing the queue to order at the restaurant. Using the app, you can select menu items, customize an order and pre-pay for a meal.
Arriving at the restaurant guests will tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. When ready guests will be alerted through the app to pick up the meal at a designated window. Only credit card payments will initially be accepted via Mobile Order, Disney Dining Plan guests and those wishing to use a discount will have to use the regular line.
Mobile Order is currently available at Harambe Market, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, PizzeRizzo, Liberty Inn, Electric Umbrella, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café, Pinocchio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Tomorrowland Terrace, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu’li Canteen and D-Luxe Burger.
Disney is continuing their celebration of summer fun here with a special #DisneyParksLIVE stream of “Rivers of Light” on Tuesday, August 22nd.
In case you haven’t seen this amazing nighttime show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, “Rivers of Light” celebrates animals and nature by combining floating set pieces, lanterns, a soaring musical score, fountains and more. The show’s storytellers “narrate” this emotionally moving show through a combination of dance, music, song and shadow puppetry.
The live stream of “Rivers of Light” will begin Tuesday, August 22 at 8:40 p.m. EDT. A fresh Disney Parks Blog post with the live video will appear at the top of the Disney Parks Blog Tuesday night right before the show.
August 19 marks World Photo Day, and we’re excited to celebrate the occasion with the return of Disney PhotoPass Day at Walt Disney World Resort! During this event, Disney PhotoPass Servicewill offer a number of exclusive photo opportunities that will let you take home even more picture-perfect memories of your visit.
You can also celebrate Disney Princesses during Disney PhotoPass Day! In honor of Disney’s “Dream Big, Princess” campaign, you’ll find photo opportunities focused on some of your favorite Disney Princesses.
Check out all of the special opportunities that are planned in each of the four theme parks and Disney Springs on August 19:
Entertainment and photo opportunities are subject to change. Some locations could be affected by inclement weather.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Meeko joins Pocahontas at Character Landing on Discovery Island
- Timon joins Rafiki at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Princess Atta joins Flik at Discovery Island near Creature Comforts
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop before the park entrance (daylight hours only)
- Jungle Book Magic Shot near Yak & Yeti Restaurant
- Visit the PhotoPass photographer in DinoLand U.S.A. from 9-10 p.m. to have magical Mickey light effects added to your photo (example below)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Queen from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” Maleficent, and Cruella de Vil will meet with guests at Sunset Showcase. This opportunity will be available from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop outside the Theater of the Stars (daylight hours only)
- Poison Apple Magic Shot on Sunset Boulevard
- Fisheye lens in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard area
- Genie will join Princess Jasmine in the Morocco Pavilion
- Mushu will join Mulan in the China Pavilion
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop near Epcot Character Spot (daylight hours only)
- Baymax Animated Magic Shot with the PhotoPass photographer located near Mouse Gear and the Fountain of Nations
- Fisheye lens near the fountain close to the entrance to Spaceship Earth
Magic Kingdom Park
- Dopey joins Snow White at Town Square Courtyard
- Captain Hook joins Peter Pan in Fantasyland
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop in Fantasyland (daylight hours only)
- Cinderella’s Coach in Fantasyland
- “Tangled” light painting photo opportunity near Ariel’s Grotto (available after dark)
- Mickey Mouse Magic Shot on the bridge near Fairytale Garden
- Main Street Vehicle near the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (available in the morning and early afternoon)
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop next to the Marketplace Stage
- Fairy Wings Magic Shot from the PhotoPass photographer roaming around the Marketplace near Tren-D (available from 1-10:30 p.m.)
- You can also visit the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs to enjoy special $99.95 plus shipping pricing on a Personalized Storybook now through August 20!
Effective today Disney will be strictly enforcing the FastPass+ terms of usage to make the system fairer for everyone.
What should be of note to guests is the rule regarding FastPass+ reservations only being made on tickets used for admission into the park will be enforced.
According to the official Disneyworld.com website, the rule is:
The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+ selections are redeemed.
FastPass+ selections made on tickets not used for theme park admission that same day, the My Disney Experience app may be temporarily locked, and the app will prompt guests to speak to guest relations or call the My Disney Experience Support Center.
Continued attempts to make FastPass+ reservations with tickets not used for admission that day may result in permanent loss of access to FastPass+.
You can read the full FastPass+ terms and conditions here.
The enforcing of this rule results from the abuse of FastPass+ has becoming more widespread. Visitors have been using friends tickets, expired tickets, and other methods to obtain more than the allowed amount of FastPass+ allocation per day.
Disney is continuing with the rollout of Mobile Order at its quick service restaurants with the addition of Pizzafari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom set to go live on June 6th.
Mobile Order allows guests to pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, bypassing the queue to order at the restaurant. Using the app, guests can select menu items, customize an order and pre-pay for a meal.
When guests arrive at the restaurant all they have to do is tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. When ready, guests are alerted through the app to pick up the meal at a designated window. Only credit card payments will be accepted via Mobile Order, Disney Dining Plan guests will have to use the regular line.
In Celebration of the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, iTunes is providing a limited time offer that is “out of this world”!
The Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition on iTunes is available at the reduced price of $7.99 (reg. $19.99) through June 5th. Exclusively on iTunes, the Extended Collector’s Edition will include a video behind the scenes look inside the Land. The over eight minute piece features an in-depth look at how this dream world became a reality through the collaboration between Lightstorm Entertainment, led by James Cameron (Creator/Director of Avatar) and Jon Landau (Producer of Avatar), and the Walt Disney Imagineering team led by Joe Rohde, Creative Executive.
The Extended Collector’s Edition also offers a look at the filmmakers’ journey in the documentary Capturing Avatar, featuring interviews with the creative team behind the film. The set includes three versions of the film including a Family Friendly Audio version, plus over 45 minutes of never-before-seen footage, the Exclusive Alternate Opening on Earth, The Art of Avatar and more!
Visit apple.co/Avatar for this very special, limited time offer and share with Avatar fans
This Wednesday, May 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host a very special dedication moment for this new land – and our #DisneyParksLIVE cameras will be there to live stream the amazing moment!
The #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the dedication will begin at 9:25 AM ET on the Disney Parks Blog. A fresh post containing the live stream will appear at the top of the blog at that time.
Pandora – The World of Avatar will give guests the chance to explore an interactive world filled with bioluminescent rainforests, floating mountains and surprising flora. Here, guests can experience Avatar Flight of Passage, an attraction that sends guests flying over Pandora on a banshee, and Na’vi River Journey, a family-friendly boat ride that travels down a mystical river.
Tune in to our #DisneyParksLIVE broadcast on May 24 for a very special look at this new land.
The very popular Tree of Life Awakenings at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be getting expanded viewing areas.
Beginning late May, guests will be able to see the Awakenings from both the front and back side of the Tree of Life.
Currently the show can only be seen from directly in-front of the Tree, along the busy entry and exit route to the park.
The new viewing areas will be located along the walkway from Africa to Asia.