Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have more Star Wars fun to look forward to this spring when BB-8, the loyal droid from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, begins character greetings at the park’s Star Wars Launch Bay.
BB-8 will appear in addition to Kylo Ren and Chewbacca, two characters from the Star Wars galaxy who guests regularly encounter at Star Wars Launch Bay. In addition to character greetings, the location also offers guests the chance to explore galleries full of treasured memorabilia and authentic replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including some from the latest film in the franchise, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Star Wars Launch Bay is just one experience that has debuted at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to the delight of Star Wars fans over the past two years: “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” daytime show features characters from around the Star Wars galaxy; while the guest-favorite “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” nighttime spectacular lights up the park each night. Guests age 4-12 can also become Jedi recruits and put their skills to the test in an unforgettable battle against villains like Darth Vader or the Seventh Sister Inquisitor. And just a few months ago, the park’s Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction began offering guests randomized destinations, making different planetary destinations possible for every galactic journey.
Attention Star Wars fans –Star Wars: Galactic Nights, a new Hollywood-inspired special event will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on April 14. Come dressed as your favorite character and celebrate forty years of Star Wars milestones.
Park access and activities will be limited to Star Wars: Galactic Nights event ticket holders only. Here’s a taste of what’s on tap:
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
- Watch “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” – Catch a celebrity chat show in Epic Theater to learn more about the making of Star Wars films.
- Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Don your Star Wars finest (see costume guidelines here) and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – Event Guests are challenged to collect Star Wars themed pieces at the photo backdrops throughout the park, revealing a surprise when all items have been collected.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
Other popular attractions will be open, including Star Wars Launch Bay. Additional offerings will include the chance to experience Star Tours-The Adventures Continue attraction, AWR Trooper sightings, roaming droids, Star Wars-themed F&B, special merchandise and much more.
The event will be held at the park from 7 p.m.-midnight. The Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket costs $129 plus tax for adults and $124 plus tax for children ages 9 and under. Disney Vacation Club and Passholder discounts will be available.
Tickets are extremely limited, so click here or call 407-827-7036 for more information or to book now.
Entertainment is subject to change without notice.
Starting on December 21st, all four parks will offer dedicated entrance lines for Annual Passholders.
Passholders, who typically are very familiar with the entry process, will be able to move through the lines faster by using the dedicated entry lines.
The service is expected to be available throughout the holiday period until at least the end of January 2017.
Reservations are now open for the new “Star Wars Guided Tour” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The tour costs $129 per person (tax & gratuity included), tours will be offered Mondays and Saturdays, beginning January 2nd of 2017. Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Separate admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required.
Blast off on a jet-packed, 7-hour adventure featuring all the Star Wars action!
If it’s your destiny to discover all the Star Wars adventures at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this experience could be a real time “saber.”
With VIP access, unparalleled by any other galaxy—this guided voyage will have you:
- Seeing stars during a screening of the movie, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Kylo Ren-dered speechless while witnessing 2 live stage shows—Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order—from a reserved viewing area
- Enrolling younglings ages 4 through 12 in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Launching into hyperspace aboard a Starspeeder 1000 on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Sinking your jawas into a Star Wars-inspired dinner at Backlot Express
- Joining forces with new friends at a Chewbacca and Kylo Ren Character Greeting
- Orbiting around saga-centric exhibits featuring replica props, models, concept art and artifacts at Star Wars Launch Bay
- Chewy-ing on inter-stellar sweets at Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
- Experiencing a reserved viewing of the obi-wan and only Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacularnighttime fireworks event
- Restoring freedom to your galaxy and taking a personalized souvenir of your tour home with you to commemorate your adventures
The “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” stage show will receive an update later this month that will include elements from the upcoming movie, “Star Wars: Rogue One.”
Guests will get a first look at AWR Troopers from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” Outfitted in their specialized Stormtrooper armor with a dark, ominous gleam, these soldiers serve as bodyguards and enforcers for Director Krennic, a highly placed officer within the Advance Weapons Research (AWR) division of the Empire.
A new Troopers sequence will join the show on December 16th.
What would a Walt Disney World nighttime spectacular be without a dessert party? So, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that the new nighttime spectacular, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will have a dessert party associated with it. Disney has recently announced that reservations for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party are now open.
Located in the courtyard of The Great Movie Ride will be multiple food stations, featuring holiday-inspired savory dishes, sweets including the Santa Mickey chocolate cupcake with peppermint bark, and a nitrogen dessert station. Beer, wine and specialty cocktails will be available for guests over 21. Specialty non-alcoholic beverages will also be available, along with hot cocoa. A character meet and mingle will also be part of the pre-show.
Each guest will also receive a pair of 3D HoloSpex® glasses which will turn any bright lights into holiday holographic illusions such as gingerbread men and candy canes.
Check in for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party will begin an hour and fifteen minutes before show time outside of The Great Movie Ride.
From November 14th through December 17th, tickets can be purchased for $69 for adults or $39 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included). As we get closer to the holidays, from December 18th through December 31st, tickets can be purchased for $79 for adults or $45 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included).
Reservations are now open, and can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE or online.
Walt Disney World has announced that the new Muppet themed restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, PizzeRizzo, will open on November 18th.
The restaurant will serve personal-sized pies. The décor is inspired by Rizzo, as well as his extended family and friends who have visited PizzeRizzo over the years throughout the two-story eatery.
Upstairs will be Rizzo’s Deluxe Supreme Banquet Hall, where there’s a wedding reception already in progress.
Entrees will be served with a side Caesar salad, and include personal-sized Pizza, available in four varieties—vegetable, pepperoni, meat lovers and cheese, as well as a Meatball Sub. An Antipasto Salad features a bed of Romaine lettuce piled high with tomatoes, Mozzarella, Kalamata olives, ham, pepperoni, salami and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Desserts will include traditional Italian sweets like Cannoli and Tiramisu. Specialty drinks will also be available, including a non-alcoholic Peach Bellini, and a Wildberry-Basil Lemonade Limoncello in addition to beer and wine for adults.
Great garland – Santa Claus is missing!
And the search-and-rescue mission to get The Big Guy back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve is all part of the fun in the all-new “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” holiday spectacular coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios November 14. The show comes to life on, above and around the Chinese Theater with state-of-the-art projections, special effects, fireworks and a rousing seasonal musical score.
Led by elves Wayne and Lanny, the duo from ABC/Walt Disney Animation Studios’ animated special “Prep & Landing,” the spirited yuletide adventure to the North Pole features memorable holiday moments from Disney films including “Mickey’s Christmas Carol,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pluto’s Christmas Tree,” “Bambi,” Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and more, all building to a festive finale that’s “So tinsel!”
And….there will be SNOW!
A sweet way to enjoy this new holiday spectacular is with the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party, which includes reserved viewing, desserts, specialty beverages and more. Each dessert party guest will get a pair of 3D HoloSpex® glasses to use while watching the show. The glasses create spectacular holographic illusions of gingerbread men, candy canes, snowflakes and ornaments on any bright point of light.
Memorable, heartwarming, and enchanting for the entire family these one-of-a-kind holiday experiences will dazzle Disney’s Hollywood Studio guests through December 31.
Disney Springs will re-open at 5 PM today for Walt Disney World resort hotel guests only.
Only a limited number of locations will be open, including Splitsville, AMC Movies, and some restaurants and shops.
Walt Disney World will also re-open all four theme parks will reopen on Saturday October 8 at 8am.
Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney Springs, and mini golf will have normal operations on Saturday.
Here are the full details.
- All 4 Walt Disney World theme parks are closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. Theme parks are scheduled to open at 8:00 AM Saturday, October 8, 2016. Posted closure times remain the same.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park will open for Extra Magic Hours at 7:00 AM ET on Saturday, October 8, 2016 for Resort Guests only.
- EPCOT World Showcase will open at 11:00 AM on Saturday, October 8, 2016. Frozen Ever After will open at 8:00 AM on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. Operating hours will resume as scheduled on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. Operating hours will resume as scheduled on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Disney Springs is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. Operating hours will resume as scheduled on Saturday, October 8, 2016. Characters in Flight at Disney Springs is closed through Sunday, October 9, 2016.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled for tonight, Friday, October 7, 2016. For re-booking, refunds and other options, please call (407) 939-7818 beginning at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, October 10, 2016. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground—including Campsites and Cabins—is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. All performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ through that date have been canceled as well.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has been canceled through Friday evening, October 7, 2016.
- Select spa locations—including La Vida Health Club at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness—are closed through Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Events scheduled through October 8, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex—including the Disney Cross Country Classic 2016 and Baseball Canada National Team Fall Training sessions—have been canceled. Complex operating hours will resume as scheduled on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf and Winter Summerland Miniature Golf will resume operating hours as scheduled on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
It won’t take the powers of the Sorcerer Supreme to conjure a look at the magical, mind-bending adventure “Doctor Strange,” for beginning October 7, guests visiting Disney Parks will be able to catch a preview of scenes from the film in sneak peeks planned for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
At Disney California Adventure park, the preview of “Doctor Strange” will be presented in 3D with special in-theater effects at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land, while guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will get to see this advance look at clips from the film as part of the One Man’s Dream attraction.
“Doctor Strange” follows the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange who, in his quest for healing after a horrific car accident, discovers powerful magic in a mysterious place known as Kamar-Taj – the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality.
Plan to catch our 10-minute sneak peek of “Doctor Strange” when it opens October 7, and see fully why the impossibilities are endless when you experience the film in theaters in 3D on November 4, 2016!