Earlier this year Disney told us about a thrilling new adventure coming to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will place guests in the middle of an epic battle. The action takes place on the planet of Crait, which we got our first glimpse of in the teaser trailer of Star Wars: The Last Jedi earlier this year.
Today Disney has announced that this exciting new sequence, inspired by the latest film in the Star Wars saga, will debut at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 17, at Disneyland Paris November 22, and, as previously announced, at Tokyo Disneyland December 15!
Star Wars fans across the galaxy, get ready for a special celebration you won’t want to miss. Star Wars: Galactic Nights will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16 – and it will be the perfect way for Star Wars fans to celebrate the opening of the new film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
Last Jedi Official Trailer
The film, which opens in theaters December 15, just shared a thrilling new trailer last night. Check it out above.
In case you aren’t familiar, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is an out-of-this-world event that celebrates the entire Star Wars saga.
Among many thrills in store, guests will be treated Hollywood-style to a red carpet arrival, iconic attractions with little to no wait time, amazing fireworks and projections, and experts sharing details about the Star Wars expansion coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Throughout the event (entertainment subject to change):
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- The Epic Theater plays host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, sharing some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including two new backdrops inspired by Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre. At Star Wars Launch Bay, home base for Star Wars fandom in the park, you never know what denizens from the light or dark side of The Force will appear.
- Don’t miss Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
- Come dressed in your finest Star Wars attire. Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9 (discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members). Purchase tickets at DisneyWorld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639).
Mobile Order continues to expand with smaller locations now coming online.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has added Rosie’s All-American Café, Catalina Eddie’s and Fairfax Fare to the service.
Mobile Order allows guests to pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, bypassing the queue to order at the restaurant. Using the app, you can select menu items, customize an order and pre-pay for a meal.
Arriving at the restaurant, guest will tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. Guests will then be alerted through the app to pick up the meal at a designated window. Only credit card payments will initially be accepted via Mobile Order, Disney Dining Plan guests and those wishing to use a discount will have to use the regular line.
Today, Walt Disney Presents opened its doors to a re-imagined version of the One Man’s Dream attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to offering guests a new look at the past, present and future of Disney Parks.
One of the exciting pieces of the “future” that Walt Disney Presents showcases is a model of the park’s Toy Story Land expansion, which will be on display for guests to view starting today.
The Toy Story Land expansion, which will open in Summer 2018, will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them to explore all the fun of Andy’s backyard, which as you can see in these images, has been delightfully filled with familiar toys and sights from the “Toy Story” films.
You can also see some of the charming detail our Imagineers have created for this new land and its two major attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.
The Slinky Dog Dash attraction will be a family coaster themed as if Andy used his Mega Coaster Play Kit to build the ultimate coaster for Slinky. The land’s other major attraction, Alien Swirling Saucers, has been designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, in which Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture guests’ rocket toy vehicles with “The Claw.”
But the Toy Story Land model isn’t the only exciting draw to Walt Disney Presents. Tracing Disney history from Walt Disney’s beginning sketches, photos and storyboards, the attraction celebrates milestones in Disney film and theme park history up through today and beyond. Expect to see models, maquettes, sketches, artist renderings, a portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model, concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction and more.
Walt Disney Presents will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films.
WDWMagic is reporting that the Friendship Boat service on Crescent Lake has been suspended until further notice.
Operating between Epcot, the Epcot area resort hotels, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Friendship Boats are a popular choice for guests staying at the Epcot area resort hotels.
Disney has not yet indicated the reason behind the suspension of Friendship Boat service.
Bus service continues to be available, along with walkways for those guests wishing to walk.
At approximately 3:30 PM EDT today, the official website of Walt Disney World updated their park operating hours and revealed that they would be re-opening the parks on Tuesday, September 12th. However, not all of the parks are going to open back up on Tuesday. This is due to some cast members who evacuated due to the storm and Disney being a little short-staffed.
Both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach will remain closed at least until Wednesday before reopening.
At this time the hours of operation for Walt Disney World tomorrow will be:
- Magic Kingdom: 9 AM – 7 PM with Extra Magic Hours of 8 AM – 9 AM; Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place from 7 PM – Midnight
- Epcot: 9 AM – 9 PM with Extra Magic Hours of 9 PM – 11 PM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9 AM – 9 PM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9 AM – 9 PM
- Typhoon Lagoon: Closed
- Blizzard Beach: Closed
- Disney Springs: 10 AM – Midnight
Disney will be bringing some new entertainment to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the holidays this year.
In addition to Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, “Flurry of Fun” will feature new offerings including:
Sunset Seasons Greetings
This new projection show on a snowy Sunset Blvd will feature iconic characters sharing their love for the season. All the while, the Hollywood Tower Hotel—magically transforms, bringing to life the characters’ stories.
Disney character moments include:
- Mickey and Minnie reminiscing about a hometown Christmas as the scene shifts into a romanticized, Norman Rockwell-inspired town—starting in black and white before slowly changing into color.
- The Toy Story characters guessing which new toys are coming this Christmas as the scene becomes covered in holiday wrapping paper.
- The Swedish Chef from The Muppets babbling as only he can while the scene turns into giant gingerbread houses.
- And finally, Olaf pining over his holiday wish as iconic music plays and the scene freezes over into a Frozen winter wonderland—complete with dancing Aurora Borealis lights and projected falling snow.
The show will run continuously each evening from November 9 to December 31 2017.
Enhanced Decor around Echo Lake
Extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands and a giant Christmas tree centered on the water will make Echo Lake the merriest of places this holiday season. Even Dinosaur Gertie will be dressed for the occasion with a dino-Santa hat.
Additions to ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration.’
For a limited time all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” will be added to the show, with appearances from Olaf himself.
Star Wars: Galactic Nights will be returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios later this year on December 16 and this time it will be offering premium add-ons.
This will be the second installment of the event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and will include much of the offerings from the original held back in April of 2017.
Along with character encounters, entertainment includes enhanced versions of ‘Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular’ and ‘Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away.’
New this year there will be a sneak peek at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Epic Theater will play host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the 14-acre Star Wars expansion that’s set to open in 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
There will also be an opportunity to add premium add-ons to the night, including a Galactic Tasting Sampler for $30 and Jedi Recruitment package for $149.95.
The Galactic Tasting Sampler gives Guests a credential with 5 pull-off tabs to exchange for Star Wars-inspired treats including: Lightsaber churros, Root Leaf Stew, Character cupcakes—like Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, Charcuterie plates featuring C3PO crackers and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
The Jedi Recruitment package includes a reserved spot in the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, a Jedi robe, a lightsaber, name badge, a limited-edition Star Wars t-shirt and a photo with Jedi Master.
Both add-ons can be booked via 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529)
Tickets are on sale now and priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9, with discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members.
The Slinky Dog Dash attraction, currently under construction in Toy Story Land, celebrated a major milestone today – National Slinky Day – with the reveal of the coaster’s first Slinky Dog ride vehicle.
Slinky Dog Dash is one of two major attractions coming to Toy Story Land, a 11-acre expansion that’s set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018. In Toy Story Land, guests will shrink to the size of a toy and explore the world of Andy’s backyard on two fun family attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.
Slinky Dog Dash is a family coaster themed as if Andy built it in his backyard using his Mega Coaster Play Kit and some of his other favorite toys. The attraction’s ride vehicles, inspired by the character of Slinky in the film, will send riders dipping, dodging and dashing around turns and drops Andy has created to stretch Slinky’s coils to the max.
The second attraction, Alien Swirling Saucers, is designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, inspired by the first “Toy Story” film. Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture your rocket toy vehicle using “The Claw.”
Check out the video of the welcome Slinky Dog’s arrival received.
Beginning September 8th, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will offer a new Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience.
It will all start at the Fantasmic! theater where guests will pick up their snacks inspired by the show. Menu items will feature a variety of sweet and salty treats for adults or children such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers and make-your-own “worms and dirt” pudding.
Each guest also receives a light-up cup with a specialty drink (alcoholic optional for Guests 21 and older), along with a bottle of water.
After everyone picks up their food and beverage, they’ll be directed to a VIP reserved seating area for Fantasmic!
The Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience costs $39 per adult and $19 per child (ages 3 to 9).
Reservations can be made now online.